Sonntag, 12. September 2010

The American brands of my life

Tomorrow i can start to count down untill my girlfriend E. will come back from Pennsylvania. She will bring an enormous pile of new clothes for me (at least i hope that:-) from the outlets close to her family's hometown. I think since I met her in 2006 i never bought clothes or shoes here in Germany. Since then it is ROCKPORT and TIMBERLAND which comfort my feet, and mostly BANANA REPUBLIC and GAP for clothes. I am always stunned when i go to a store here how expensive clothes are in the old world and how enjoyably cheep they are in the new world. Does anyone know a reason for that? America-The Shoppers Paradise!!!
When E. will be in Berlin again her luggage is also stuffed with other goods of COSTCO (Thanks to her G'Ma's membership), so life is at least tolerable here in Germany;-). Vanilla Extract, brown sugar, cream of tartar, evaporated milk, GHIRARDELLI morsels, Craisins from OCEAN SPRAY, SUNMAID Golden Raisins, canned pumpkin (yes, Thanksgiving is comming up), CREST toothpaste and all the female beauty stuff, i as a man never remember the name. She will have made good deals at TARGET and TJ MAXX and will have enjoyed amazing Mu Shu chicken at the best chinese restaurant i ever went to. Very important!!! she will also have had real mexican food at places like CANTINA LAREDO, etc.
My profound german friends will hopefully excuse my superficial thoughts of commerce and brands. Yes, you are absolutely right, the best american brand she will bring back is she herself!!! I miss you E.!!!

3 Kommentare:

  1. One day I will post about the German obsession with American brands!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a sweet post! Her shopping list sounds just like our itinerary when we visit my folks. Hope the countdown goes quickly for you both.

    AntwortenLöschen